Thursday 13 March 2008

Festival warm-up

I've been quiet again. It's because the brewery hasn't been quiet. Not quiet at all.

Anyway, news! I've taken large store of top notch Euro-micro-niche ale from brasseries various and it's moving pretty darn quickly. I also have some cask conditioned from The Lowlander and an aliquot of this delivery will be on full, naked display next week at the PTEBF in the Winter Gardens.

One of the above mentioned is a stout called 'Pek & Veren'. If either of you can't remember your Flemish vocab' lessons, P&V translates as 'Tarred & Feathered' and at 8%, with an astonishing depth and balance of flavour, it's pretty easy to see why it's named so well. I'm down to the last two bottles already [hic].

The producer of such a delight is a small concern know already to some of my loyal customers, Brouwerij De Molen. The big M, as we like to call him, has gone fairly bananas over producing short run, highest quality ales of fabulous character and I reckon it must be paying off. His latest top-of-the-range is an Imperial Porter that has created such a stir in our nerdy beery world that it hit top 50 in the RB stakes almost immediately. Consequently he will only sell it direct from the brewery so we haven't got any. But what we do have is the father of this and it's called 'Rasputin' and it's brilliant.

But don't take my word for it. Pek & Veren, cask conditioned, is, as said, available at the Easter Guzzlefest, as is 'Engels' (super-czech-hoppy) and 'Donder & Bliksem' (no idea what it tastes like but it means 'Thunder & Lightening'). Me and my Mum will be there on Friday (21st) afternoon so stop me and buy me one.

2 comments:

Captain Dog said...

SEoG, if I buy your mum a beer will she allow Keith and I to interview her on camera?

Much obliged, Strings.

Gadds Beers Hop said...

Poodle boy - of course. Mother is no stranger to televisual appearances so she'll expect nothing less. If she asks for her own dressing room though.....