Wednesday 2 July 2008

The Year in Beer 08 - July

"Summer's Day"

Thanks to all of you who wrote in to let me know that July had started and no blog on the monthly special had yet appeared. Don't know what I'd do with out you.

OK, this is a vanity job. I have to be allowed the occasional indulgence. God knows I have ample opportunity and show great restraint in the main. My little girl Summer celebrates her birthday in July, hence the name of the beer. And the singular possessive in it.

"But what about the beer?" writes the regular reader (hi Mum). Well, I mashed 'Munich malt' with a little Marris Otter (don't worry, that's a variety of barley, rather than some olde english country ingredient used in cider making) and used loads of Kent grown cascade hops to give a deep, deep amber ale with a fresh green hoppy aroma, a juicy palate and firm, nay insistent, bitterness. The finish is long, sweet and bitter.



Do you like the design? The sunflowers look weird. It's the black bit in the middle.

If you're out and about this Friday evening you ought to find a pint of Summer's Day waiting for you in the Monty. I know I will.

No comments: