Tuesday 19 January 2010

Taste of Kent Awards Finalists

Congratulations to the lovely Chai Stop ladies and J.C. Rook & Son who join regular Thanet finalists The Cliftonville Farmers' Market, Eddie Gilbert's Fish Mongers, and er, us in this year's Taste of Kent Awards. Many thanks to my reader, who must have voted for us (I presume?). We're joined by arch brewing rivals Hop Daemon of Faversham and Shepherd Neame, also of Faversham, in the bun fight for top beer dog in Kent.

Bring it on.

Jonny the Fish has now opened the gourmet chip shop and fish restaurant at Eddie Gilbert's. Whilst I've yet to dine, I have taken away and the smoked haddock fish cakes are utterly, joyously sublime. Get some in.

1 comment:

Adem said...

Well Done on your nomination. I'm sure you'll come back victorious.