Thursday 1 April 2010

Lobbying, a reply.

Dear Mr Gadd,

I had not actually seen the Telegraph article that prompted you to send me a bottle of Dogbolter. I have to confess that I usually drink draft bitter, but I greatly enjoyed a bottle of your porter. I will continue to look out for Dogbolter when I get a chance.

I shall certainly resist all the efforts of latter-day prohibitionists to impose ever more restrictions and cost on beer lovers like ourselves and the many other members of the public who enjoy relaxing over a pint.

Yours sincerely,



The Rt. Hon. Kenneth Clarke, QC, MP

See, beer creates consensus across the political divide - here here.

Nice one Ken, much appreciated. I knew you were a decent type.

1 comment:

Mark, Real-Ale-Reviews.com said...

He definitely has a beer belly, good man for replying to you!